Worried about your child?

If you are worried about your child, a good first step is to talk to a professional who knows them well. This might be a teacher, social worker or GP. They will be able to tell you about possible courses of action, and will often be able to refer your child directly to CAMHS should that prove necessary.

In many cases referral to CAMHS will not be necessary and the professional will be able to offer advice, treatment or tell you about other services that may be able to help you.

If you live in the borough of Haringey you can make a referral for your child to Haringey CHOICES by calling 020 8702 3405 between 9am-5pm Mon-Fri or completing the online referral form found at www.haringeychoices.org. This service offers children, young people and their families a one-off hour appointment where you will have the chance to meet with a professional to discuss your concerns. They may provide you with information regarding particular difficulties, offer advice or locate services that can provide you with support in the local area.

For information about local support for children and young people with special educational needs, disabilities and mental health difficulties click here.

You will also find some useful websites for parents in the related sites section of this page.

Related sites