We’ve introduced a new helpline for people experiencing a mental health crisis:
24-hour Crisis Telephone Service: 0800 151 0023
You can call this number to get help or advice in a crisis from our trained mental health advisors and clinicians, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If you feel like you need help right now:
If you are worried about your immediate safety or have thoughts about hurting yourself or other people:
- Call 999 for emergency services
Worried about yourself or someone you know and not sure what to do?
Talk to your GP
Your GP may be the first person you talk to about how you are feeling. Your GP may refer you to CAMHS if they feel this will help you.
If you don’t have a GP, you can find one near you on NHS Choices.
Talk to Childline
Call: 0800 1111
Contact Childline anytime. Calls are free and confidential.
Calls are not recorded and your number won't show up on any phone bills.
You can also visit their website: www.childline.org.uk
Tell someone you trust
You may find it helpful to talk to your mum, dad or carer. If this is not possible, you may prefer to talk to someone else you can trust, like a teacher.
General health enquiries
For general health enquiries dial 111 – this has replaced NHS Direct as the single number to call for urgent non-emergency advice. You can still contact your GP or local pharmacist for care advice. The NHS 111 service does not replace the emergency 999 service.
For telephone advice you can contact these organisations:
- NHS England 111 (24 hour non-emergency advice)
- NSPCC 0808 800 5000 (24 hours - for adults concerned about a child/young person)
- Samaritans 116 123 (24 hours)
- Young Minds parent helpline 0808 802 5544 (Monday to Friday 9.30am-4pm)
- Kooth (online support for young people)
- Childline 0800 1111 (Available anytime)
- Shout Text "SHOUT" to 85258 (Available 24 hours a day)
- Papyrus Call 0800 068 41 41 or Text 07860 039967 (Available 9.00 - midnight, 365 days a year)
- The Mix Call 0808 808 4994 or Email (Available 11.00 - 23.00 every day)
- Beat Call the Youthline (under 18’s) 0808 801 0711 or Studentline 0808 801 0811 (Available Monday to Friday 9.00 - 20.00, Weekends and Bank Holidays 16.00 - 20.00)
- Good Thinking
Local Offers - Social, Emotional and Mental Health
For more information on local borough offers and organisations for social, emotional and mental health support please use the links below...