Haringey Trailblazers: Mental Health Support in Schools
“Strengthening mental health, emotional wellbeing and resilience in schools."
Who are Trailblazers?
Trailblazers is a team of wellbeing workers, mental health professionals and other partners who support the emotional wellbeing of children, young people and parents.Trailblazers work within selected Haringey schools raising the profile of mental health, offering a service to talk and get further support if needed.
As well as wellbeing workers and professionals, the Trailblazers partnership includes educational psychology and other partner organisations. If you are worried about a child or young person, you can encourage them to ask to see us in school or tell a teacher or member of staff that they trust.
You can also contact us directly via the school or using the contact details below. We are also working to help teachers understand more about mental health and to help schools to be more able to support children and young people with emotional issues they may be struggling with.
What can we provide?
We offer support for children, young people and families experiencing:
- Worries / Anxiety / Stress
- Low mood / Depression
- Sleep difficulties
- Eating problems
- Anger issues
- Friendship / bullying issues
- Challenging behaviour
- Concentration difficulties
- Transitions, eg changing schools
- Sexual or identity issues
- Significant life events
How we work
Depending on the needs of each school we can offer:
- Group and one to one interventions for:
- Children and young people
- Parents (and parent training)
- A drop in service for students, parents and school staff seeking support.
- Mental health training and consultation for staff to support pupils/parents.
- Work with the designated senior leads, staff, early help and other services, to deliver a whole school approach to promote better mental health and wellbeing.
- Work in partnerships with school and parents to obtain a better understanding of mental health.
Support for families
Trailblazers offers confidential advice and support for parents, carers and families. The partnership offers opportunities to support parents around children’s emotional wellbeing and mental health via group and one to one sessions.
Consent and information
Consent from parents/carers is needed before referrals are made for support from the Trailblazers partnership.If you have questions, you may contact the team directly or ask to speak with the senior mental health lead in your school.
Tel: 020 8702 6035 / 020 8702 3400